Thank you for your interest in the 2020 Lip Sync War!
Please note the following important information and terms and conditions:
The competition is open only to people aged 18 years or over who are residents in the UK. You may only enter ONCE under one name (either as a solo artiste or as part of a group). Multiple entries will be disqualified (in our sole discretion).
Entries will be accepted online only from 9am (09.00) on the 20th January until 5pm (17.00) GMT on the 16th February 2020 at https://www.popworldparty.co.uk/york/competition/lip-sync-competition
You will need to submit your full name, DOB and what song you would like to perform.
The competition is free to enter.
Regrettably the Promoter will not be able to enter into any correspondence with competition entrants. However, the Promoter may contact each competition entrant to give them updates about the various stages of the competition and information. Please make sure your application is clear and complete. You cannot amend the application once it has been submitted, or submit additional songs, so please do not send additional links (or similar) to us.
By entering the competition you agree to:
- Any material submitted and any consequent live performance may be broadcast or streamed on the internet and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition without further consultation.
- You will be available to perform at the Competition Final as detailed.
-The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition.
- All competition entries and any related performances will become the property of the Promoter.
By submitting your competition entry, you agree to:
-Assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee.
-Waive all moral rights in and to your competition entry, related performances and otherwise arising in connection with your entry to which you may now or at any time in the future be entitled under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 as amended from time to time and under all similar legislation from time to time in force anywhere in the world.
The entry process, judging process and final decisions will follow this procedure:
- You will perform at your selected bar in the first heats and then the judges/crowd will decide who will go through to the semi finals.
- If chosen to go through to the semi finals, you will then compete in the semi finals closest to you, which will be held in a Popworld bar. Successful entrants will be notified whether or not they will be competing in the finals held at the most central Popworld bar.
The Competition Final (this applies to all finalists):
- The Competition Final will be disclosed to entrants once the venue has been decided.
- Each Finalist will be paid up to £100 to cover travel expenses, when some sort of travel receipt is shown. The fee is fixed per act irrespective of whether a solo artist or a band with several members are involved and must cover only your travel.
- Each Finalist must meet all Health and Safety requirements, and must provide safe working equipment, if bringing any.
- Each Finalist must not exceed the time slot given.
- All Finalists need to be aware that the finals may be recorded in both audio and audio visual formats and may be streamed live on Popworld Facebook and other social media platforms. Finalists must agree that the Promoter can use the recordings in all media including but not limited to television, radio and the internet without further reference to them.
- One Winner will be chosen by the Competition Finals judges.
- The Winner will be awarded £2,000.
- Must agree to the normal requirements placed on performers, namely.
- To perform at the time notified to them (for the agreed length of time).
- Agree to any filming or recording as required.
- Meet all Health and Safety requirements.
- Provide safe working equipment (If bringing any).
The promoter reserves the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions in its discretion without notice.